The current status of gnome-games

Everyone will have noticed the recent gnome-games 2.4.2 release. This
release will be the last in the 2.4 series, there are no more major bugs
filed against it and the 2.6 stable series is only a month or so away.

The 2.5 unstable series is now in a state of semi-feature freeze. I have
a short list of things to do that require major code changes and after
that it will be only bug fixes. What you see now is pretty much what it
should look like for 2.6.

Unfortunately not everything I wanted to do for 2.6 has been done. In
particular Sjoerd's improvements to gataxx have not made it. Sjoerd: the
reason for this is that we have a communication problem, I'm not sure if
my emails are not getting to you or yours are not getting to me. I've
loosened up my spam filters so absolutely nothing should get missed,
could you email me with an address that is guaranteed to reach you ?

As with the transition from 2.3/2.4 to 2.5 I will branch off the stable
code in CVS a week or so before the official release of 2.6 so that an
early start to 2.7 can be made. Anyone who has major code contributions
should ideally talk to me about the end of February / early March to
give it the best chance of getting it into the next release.

For the official road-map for GNOME 2.6 see:

http://www.gnome.org/start/2.5

March 8th is when gnome-games 2.6.0 will be released. 2.7 should be
similar, just shifted by six months.