Re: several improvements in the site.

On Sun, 2002-03-17 at 05:24, Jaime Anguiano Olarra wrote:

> Gregorio told me it would be good to have a post section where
> people could send mails saying things as: "Single hacker looks for crazy
> girl in order to share LaTeX in the bedroom", etc. I have put it in
> http://www.guadec.org/news/yournews.php and it's been announced in the
> news section. And in the home.

Yes, I saw that and reacted with glee.  It increases the usefulness of
the site by 100%.  Amy had spoken of this option in December, so maybe
it is a sort of wedding present to her-:)

> Because I am really sick of fighting with this distributed site where
> I have to call a lot of people to do things I order just to put a
> notice.

I don't blame you.  We have a lot of resourceful people on the g3web
team, but we lacked a sufficient system of management, not only with
access, but for back-up when people on the team got busy or went skiing.

> We have to talk about this in GUADEC so next year this would be
> easier.

Yes, this is important enough that we might want to put GUADEC IV on the
schedule, if Gregorio has an open slot.  We really got behind in
launching the necessary components, both content & the registration
form.  The more we can codify and document, the easier it will be for
future GUADEC teams.

> I would write a new item about that if you send me
> those things.

Well, when the specific details of Software Livre meeting and other
things are know (with the exception of the Ximian party which should
remain private) we can give you that information.

Gracias,

tim