RE: Sevilla local transport information request

Daniel wrote very basic questions that it would be useful to repeat
(with Javier's answers on the Travel Section of guadec.org) -- several
other people, who do not follow the lists, have asked the same things.

tim

On Sat, 2002-03-02 at 16:04, Javier Linares wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > http://www.sol.com/apartamentos/bib-rambla/images/mapa.jpg
> >
> > This map is taken from the website for Apartamentos Bib Rambla, who
> > happen to offer lodging almost in the same street as the conference
> > center if I got that right.
>
> It's a conference center but actually it's not the conference center
for the
> Guadec. You must look for the Escuela Superior de Ingenieros
(Engineering
> High School), which is in the west part of Sevilla.
>
> >From those appartaments to the Escuela Superior de Ingenieros you
need to
> take, at least, two buses and you'll expend more than 50 minutes.
>
> Please, have a look to this map (the whole URL in one line, of
course):

http://callejero.lanetro.es/apps/lanetro/mapas/mapas.asp?id_via=2844&pais_ge

oc=ESPA%D1A&nombredevia=Cmno+De+los+Descubrimientos&numerovia=0&nombre_fiche
> ro=dc1sevilla&lite_provincia_geoc=Sevilla&lite_municipio_geoc=Sevilla
>
> Just play a bit with the "less" button ;-)
>
> > - The airport is in vicinity of the quarter. It appears to be even
> > walking distance, or is it?
>
> Yes, if you sleep in those appartaments you'll be very near from the
Airport