Re: GUADEC 3 Website

Hello Jaime,

> I have been out for a few days since I had to take my TOEFL exam in
> the north of Spain (a 1000 Km from here). The website is not stopped.

Welcome back.  I hope the exam was Ok to you.

> The web MUST be working at the 70% or 80% for the end of the week.
> Tomorrow I am travelling to the city where Antonio Zugaldía lives. We
> have reserved the whole tuesday in order to develop the whole site (he
> has a very powerfull connection and nice machinery to get this done in
> an easier way). Our goal is to have an Amy's Schemas based website by
> wednesday.

This sounds like a good schedule.  As soon as the site is launched, we
should have a post to gnotices by Juantomás García (a sort of official
announcement) linked to guadec.org.

> It will be running and one of the first task we are going to resolve
> is to make possible (at 100% of effectiveness) a Call For Papers
> through the web so you can start it the same wednesday (and maybe by
> tuesday in the afternoon).

Owen has created the alias for the core CFP team. Gregorio Robles
<grex scouts-es org> and Diego González <dggonz yahoo com> have invited
a group for the reading of submitted papers.  So, we are in good shape
to issue the CFP now.

> But we are not going to make artwork. Anyway artwork is an easy thing
> to include later on and it doesn't depend on functionality. The site
> we are going to develop is going to follow the same as shown in Amy's
> schemas so artists can follow these in order to make their designs. If
> by the end of the week no artwork is done we will start doing it too.

Ok. It is important the information is on-line.  I hope that Jukka and
Álvaro can be ready, too.  They have been silent.

Best,

tim