Re: Previewing on-line forms for travel data

On 18 Feb 2002 19:45:06 -0500
Tim Ney <ten@gnome.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Kim Schulz wrote:
>
> > last year we needed somthing like this for hackers that wanted to
> > announce their releases (or des like) to the guadec site. So maybe
> > this login/passwd kan be used for a news system (insted of the
> > static news system on the index site at the moment). It would also
> > be nice with an rss/xml backend file to use from nautilus, gnews or
> > any other news fetcher around. We had this last year and I can
> > probably find the old sourcecode for this if you want it.
>
> That is a great idea!  It would make the site much more interactive
> and a place with some news.  If we are going to allow users to log-in
> to connect to another server, for example, a video streaming, would
> that be a function of the log-in also?
>
> tim

normally the login for the streaming things has it's own login site, but
maybe we can get them to incorporate the two logins. im not sure if I
think that this is a good idea though.

ohh this makes me of another idea.. Last year Axis promised us that we
could borrow some of their ethernet webcams (plug it directly on the
network).We never had the time to get them though. This could make a
great interactivity on the site, if we place a couple of webcams around
the conference center (maybe where people sit between  talks, or where
they eat). I cant fint the contact address for them, but I'm pretty sure
that they will lent ud a couple of cams if we ask them.

later..
Kim Schulz

--

[              http://www.schulz.dk - En nørds bekendelser!            ]