beagle 0.2.5

       Module: beagle
      Version: 0.2.5
  Uploaded by: Joe Shaw

http://download.gnome.org/sources/beagle/0.2/beagle-0.2.5.tar.gz
  md5sum: 207129a366b49da94772577b51c2e513
    size: 1.7M

http://download.gnome.org/sources/beagle/0.2/beagle-0.2.5.tar.bz2
  md5sum: 7a7965768643045f7e6f362f9bba1af4
    size: 1.4M

News
----

Version 0.2.5
April 20, 2006

Daemon/Infrastructure:
* Shut the daemon down cleanly on a broken X connection, since we
  can't gracefully recover from it.  (Joe Shaw)
* Unset the DISPLAY variable in the index helper, since it should
  never get an X connection.  (Joe)
* Enabled and disabled backends can now be saved as part of the
  configuration, through the beagle-config tool.  (D Bera)
* Add a new --backends command-line that gives the user more control
  over what backends are started, given the new configuration.  The
  --allow-backend and --deny-backend options are now deprecated.
  (Bera)
* Don't allow the daemon to be run from sudo, since its default
  configuration causes broken permissions in ~/.beagle and ~/.wapi.
  (Joe)
* Make sure HOME or BEAGLE_HOME is set before starting the daemon.
  (Joe)
* Change to using glib's g_spawn to launch programs, rather than
  .Net's own internal Process class.  (Joe)
* If we can't set the IO priority class to idle, at least set the
  priority to the lowest in our current class.  (Joe)
* Use the newner kernel syscall interface for gettid().  (LaMont
  Jones)

Backends:
* Add a bunch of checks to the file system backend to help deal with
  rapid creation and deletion of files and directories.  (Joe)
* Enable snippets for KMail maildir emails.  (Bera)
* Extract text more correctly from Tomboy notes.  (Bera)
* Fix a crash in the EvolutionDataServer backend when new sources are
  added for indexing.  (Joe)

Filters:
* Fix a logical error in the HTML filter which prevented it from
  working properly in 0.2.4.  (Joe)
* Fix compilation of FilterTiff.cs with Mono 1.1.14.  (Bera)
* Add audio/x-vorbis+ogg as a supported MIME type for the music
  filter.  (Joe)
* Open OLE filters (like MS Word) with libgsf's stdio interface rather
  than mmap, so that changes on disk don't corrupt the stream as it's
  being filtered.  (Joe)

UI:
* Reset a finished query so that we don't crash.  (Lukas Lipka)
* Add Ctrl-L as an alternate keybinding to focus the search entry.
  (Dan Winship)
* Don't steal the focus from the search entry if you do a search
  activated by timeout after a search activated by pressing enter.
  (Dan)
* Make sure tiles are redrawn when you expand or contract the group.
  (Dan)
* If an icon theme only has icons that are much larger than what is
  asked for, scale them down to the appropriate size.  (Joe)

Tools:
* Explicitly set our .wapi dir in beagle-crawl-system to a temporary
  directory, so that it works without a home directory.  (Bera)
* Add --list-backends and --list-static-indexes options to
  beagle-info.  (Bera, Joe)
* If we don't match a filter using beagle-extract-content, don't
  assume it's plain text.  (Joe)
* Display correct values for flags in beagle-dump-index.  (Bera)
* Don't install the beagle-crawl-system cronjob into libexec.  (Joe)

Bindings:
* Use pyexecdir instead of pythondir for installing the python
  module.  (Gentoo)

Translations:
* Updated Finnish translation.  (Ilkka Tuohela)
* Updated Hungarian translation.  (Gabor Kelemen, Stanislav Brabec)
* Updated Japanese translation.  (Takeshi AIHANA)
* Updated Swedish translation.  (Daniel Nylander)

An RSS 2.0 feed of ftp-release-list is available at:
http://download.gnome.org/LATEST.xml