beagle 0.0.8

       Module: beagle
      Version: 0.0.8
  Uploaded by: Jon Trowbridge

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/beagle/0.0/beagle-0.0.8.tar.gz
  md5sum: 021682ab95b67119fc3eef41cd642181
    size: 1.1M

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/beagle/0.0/beagle-0.0.8.tar.bz2
  md5sum: a3bf6e41e5f6fcff7a6d716868b464b7
    size: 856K

News
----

Version 0.0.8
March 23, 2005

Daemon/Infrastructure:
* Added a new web services interface to beagled (KN Vijay)
* Better support for Move events in the Inotify bindings (Robert Love)
* Deal with unmatched Move events (Robert)
* Properly catch exceptions if we try to watch a directory that
  has just been deleted (Robert)
* Handle filenames containing funny characters (Daniel Drake)
* Allow beagled to be started even if X isn't running (Daniel)
* Better handling of GConf exceptions (Daniel)
* Check for null URIs in HitRegulator.Subtract() (Veerapuram Varadhan)
* Lots of snippet fixes and improvements (Fredrik Hedberg)
* Fixed numerous shutdown-related deadlocks (Jon Trowbridge)
* Uri serialization fixes (Jon, Daniel)
* Throw the right exception if we can't set EAs on a file (Jon)
* Removed inotify dependency from the code that processes gaim's
  buddy list (Jon)
* Use Mono.Posix functions to create Lucene's lockfiles (Jon)
* Construct our lucene queries in a more reasonable way (Jon)
* Fixed deadlocks and races in our D-BUS work-arounds (Jon)
* Better disposal/clean-up of unregistered D-BUS objects (Jon)
* Disable broken indexing of nautilus emblems and notes (Jon)
* Don't cache the ignore state of files -- it uses too much memory (Jon)
* When possible, re-use GLib.IdleHandlers to avoid allocations (Jon)
* If a hit is filtered out of the query results because HitIsValid
  returns false, schedule it for removal from the index (Jon)
* Work around dropped FlushComplete signals by polling the flush
  status in a timeout (Jon)
* Added a new property type: properties that are stored but not
  searched by standard queries (Jon)
* Don't allow beagled to run as root (Daniel)

Backends:
* Lots of file system backend fixes.  In particular, moving and
  renaming files now works in many cases.  (Jon)
* If the gconf key for Evolution accounts doesn't exist, fail gracefully.
  (Joe)
* Don't require inotify for the Addressbook or Launcher backends. (Joe)
* Only index launchers with a name (Joe)
* To avoid leaking delegates, iterate across GMime message parts by hand
  instead of using the built-in foreach function. (Joe)
* Make liberal use of 'using' clauses and Dispose() on GMime objects
  to reduce our memory usage while indexing mail (Joe, Miguel de Icaza)
* Use a search pattern when calling DirectoryInfo.GetFiles() so that we
  don't load entries for all of the cached IMAP files into memory
  (Joe, Jon)
* Implemented HitIsValid check for the gaim log backend (Lukas Lipka)
* Changed some non-user-visible properties in addressbook backend to be
  unsearched (Jon)
* Don't index mail headers as text (Jon)
* If we are ignoring a file, ignore requests to remove it from the
  index (Jon)
* Do the right thing when renaming a file changes it's ignore-status (Jon)
* Lots of fixes to the FSW file system backend (Jon)
* Turn off synchronous writes to the sqlite NameIndex db (Jon)
* If we are deferring shutting down the IndexHelper because no
  RemoteIndexerImpl has been closed, wait a bit between checks (Jon)

Filters:
* Optimized Word document indexing (Varadhan)
* Remove null characters from media tags (Varadhan)
* Skip PPT 4.0 files, because we don't support them. (Varadhan)
* OpenOffice 2.0 support (Varadhan)
* Added OpenOffice 1.0 template and all 2.0 mimetypes to the OpenOffice
  filter (Joe)
* Better handling of GSF exceptions in the PPT filter (Varadhan)
* Index non-ISO characters in Word documents (Varadhan)
* In the OOo filter, keep proper track of "hot" content in the presence of
  links (Varadhan)

UI/tools:
* Make PageUp and PageDown work in Best (Wouter Bolsterlee)
* Added a .desktop file (Joe)
* When running Best from menus, start in --no-tray mode (Lukas)
* Skip over session management arguments to Best, they are handled by the
  Gnome libraries (Joe)
* Catch exceptions thrown by snippet requests, so that Best won't crash
  if you flip through the pages of results while the daemon is down (Joe)
* When opening a blog entry, don't kill Best if we can't open a handler
  for the URI (Joe)
* Added --show-window option (Joe)
* Add 'Application' in front of launcher names so it is clear what
  they are (Joe)
* Fix F12 so that it works with numlock, caps lock, and whatever other
  crazy modifiers might be on (Joe)
* Don't crash on non-standard icon themes (Daniel)
* Allow beagle-query to be run even if X isn't running (Daniel)
* Improved command-line argument handling for Best (Lukas)
* Shut down Best properly in non-tray mode (Lukas)
* Fixed arguments in beagle-status (Lukas)
* Open Gaim IRC logs in the IM viewer (Lukas)
* Fixed Buddy List reader error (Lukas)
* IM viewer clean-ups (Lukas)
* Fall back to displaying the filename for untagged media files (Varadhan)
* Display snippets in glorious technicolor (Fredrik)
* Remember Best's position (Fredrik)
* Best tile-rendering fixes (Fredrik)

Everything else:
* Configure-time check for sqlite and dbus headers (Joe)
* Relentless, heroic D-BUS hacking and leak-fixing (Joe)
* GMime leak fixes (Joe)
* Fixed the Dashboard build (Joe)
* Fun with memory profilers (Ben Maurer, Jon)
* monogrind! (Nat Friedman)
* Mono-related hand-holding (the Mono team)
* All the stuff I forgot (All the people I forgot)

An RSS 2.0 feed of ftp-release-list is available at:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/LATEST.xml