beagle 0.0.7

       Module: beagle
      Version: 0.0.7
  Uploaded by: Jon Trowbridge

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/beagle/0.0/beagle-0.0.7.tar.gz
  md5sum: 0226f4638f3cb919f322641ad7d88995
    size: 984K

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/beagle/0.0/beagle-0.0.7.tar.bz2
  md5sum: a40d28ee2d4083ebc59e3b0c8da2f9e2
    size: 788K

News
----

Version 0.0.7
February 28, 2005

Backends:
* All backends now work without inotify (Jon Trowbridge, Fredrik Hedberg)
* Lots of file system backend improvements (Jon)
* Deal with missing Evo mail directories (Joe Shaw, Lukas Lipka,
  Daniel Drake)
* Detect Evo summary file versions and skip ones we won't support (Joe)
* Launcher backend clean-up (Daniel)
* In the mail backend, don't index mail headers or non-text parts as
  text (Jon)

Daemon/Infrastructure:
* Don't check access before setting EAs (Lukas)
* De-inotification of directory creation (Daniel, Christopher Orr)
* Before we serialize any XML, check for invalid characters (Joe)
* More fixes for filenames containing @ (Jon)
* Fixed logging for helper process (Jon)
* Don't complain so loudly if we can't set EAs on files (Daniel)
* Properly handle --fg and --bg in the beagled script (Jon)
* Look at VmRSS to decide when to restart the helper, not VmSize (Jon)
* Set the helper max memory size relative to the initial footprint (Jon)
* Added environment variables to override where beagle looks for your
  files and when it writes its indexes (Jon)
* TextCache fixes (Jon)
* Reset the stored path if a file already has attributes but appears to have
  been moved, copied or renamed (Jon)
* Properly shutdown the helper if the beagled terminates after an add
  but before flushing the indexer (Jon)
* Properly deal with multiple entries for one path in the fallback
  file attributes sqlite db (Jon)
* While indexing, filter out stuff that is obviously not text (Jon)

Filters:
* Greatly improved handling of .ppt files (Veerapuram Varadhan)
* Strip junk characters from .doc files (Varadhan)
* Support odt format in OpenOffice filter (Varadhan)
* Index contents of hyperlink fields in OpenOffice documents (Varadhan)
* Handle exif dates gracefully (Daniel)
* Support both libexif 0.5 and 0.6 (Daniel)
* Fail gracefully if an exception is thrown while a filter is pulling
  text (Jon)
* Don't index text/plain files that are suspiciously large (Jon)
* Lots of misc. clean-up, fixes for compile-time warnings, etc. (Varadhan)

UI:
* Print out nice error messages on dbus exceptions in beagle-query
  (Daniel)
* If we're unable to launch a process from Best, don't crash (Joe)
* Show snippets in presentation tiles (Jon)

Everything Else:
* D-BUSology (Joe)
* Wiki (Joe Gasiorek.)
* Newsletter (Joe G.)
* Fixed spelling of Tom von Schwerdtner's name... sorry! (Jon)
* All the stuff I forgot (All the people I forgot)

An RSS 2.0 feed of ftp-release-list is available at:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/LATEST.xml