fplan-list: DAFIF files...

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 04:56:19AM +0000, Edward A. Falk wrote:
> > Is anyone on the list working with the NIMA DAFIF files? I still get
> > many e-mails from chaps in Canada, Australia, Europe, etc. wondering
> > about database files. DAFIF is an ideal source, and is certainly a
> > plus for USA pilots too since it's free...
>
> I believe DAFIF is what I'm working with now -- what's the difference
> between DAFIF and NFDC?

A google search for just "DAFIF" will give you plenty of good hits, so
I'll skip the details of that.

Not sure what you mean by NFDC? All of the databases on the fplan
website were generated using nasdconv from avdbtools, (nasdconv isn't
very meaningful anymore, the FAA no longer seems to use the term
NASD).  I think it is called the FAA ATA-100 CD-ROM now, but it's the
exact same thing. Their website has moved too of course, it's here now;

	http://www.faa.gov/ats/ata/ata100/index.html

--
 ___|___ | John C. Peterson, <jcp eskimo com> | "Once you have flown, you
  -(*)-  | will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you