Re: Re[2]: Re[2]: Database design goals...

> I've always had the impression that most users just download
> the fplan formatted files.

This is exactly what I did as well.

> (from almost nothing before that). Anyhow, you can see that many
> users still don't want to bother with the official databases and
>just use the fplan db files (even though they are long expired!).

This is what led me to investigate the DAFIF files, $36 every 56
days for the NASD files is a bit much and the information in the
fplan files is old and missing some information. (Multiple runway
information at one of the airports I regularly fly to is one
example.)

My flight planning goes something like this:

duats, fplan, cross-reference the two and then manually work out
where the difference comes from, get airport information, get plane
information, calc w&b, write out flight plan from all the data
sources used. Try to fit all the information onto a kneeboard to
use in flight.

I'd like to be able to do all this from one application and trust
the results it gives me.

I think most users use the existing fplan files because its too much
effort to get the NASD files. It would be nice to have an updated
set of files at the fplan (or other) web sites.

Mike