Re: fplan Design document and some other thoughts... (fwd)

> the other is the issue of porting
> fplan to a palmtop class machine.

I wrote a simple flight planner for the HP 95/100/200 palmtop
many years ago.  It comes in VERY handy.  I use it all the time.
I was considering releasing it commercially at one point.

(If anyone wants a copy, let me know and I'll see if I can
dig it up.)

>   With regard to the latter, I popped for an Agenda VR3 early in the
> summer and have been evaluating the possibility of an fplan port
> (www.agendacomputing.com).

I would recommend the Compaq Ipaq too.  It's very easy to see
in a daylit cockpit and a lot of other aviation software has been
written with it in mind.

> Full linux
> kernel, X11 display, flwm window manager (based on fltk toolkit).
> I must say, it's a trippy little unit. Drop it into the craddle,
> bring up PPP, telnet into it, open a (bash) shell, and have
> at it.

Ooooooohhhhh.  I want.