Hello

Hello,

I have been using fplan for a while and just found that you have
resurrected its development.  I have been thinking of starting a new
open source package, but since you folks have picked this up I'd like to
join.

It looks from the message archive like you are working on more graphical
interfaces.  I don't have much experience in X gui's, but I would like
to add some automatic route generation capabilities to the back end of
fplan.  Like they have in DUATS.  I'd also like to incorporate airplane
profiles and usage of current winds aloft data to compute the optimum
altitude for fastest route/altitude and cheapest route/altitude based on
climb and cruise performance.

I'll try to get the current source code and start looking at it.

Let me know what you think.
--

Steve Kuekes
Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer

===> Home of Asset Insight(r) <===
Offering state of the art Asset Tracking Systems

email: skuekes@tangram.com --- http://www.tangram.com
Private Pilot: N9259R '95 Saratoga based at Raleigh Triple-W (5W5)