Re: Minutes of the Board meeting 2006/Feb/15

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 13:54 +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 13:48, Dave Neary wrote:
> > I think it'd be a good idea to get a proper legal opinion on defending our
> > marks, and setting up our trademark policy to be as liberal as possible without
> > losing them.
>
> I agree.  I thought this had already happened, and the lawyers had
> replied "we don't know", approximately.  Perhaps I am remembering
> incorrectly - who was it who has spoken to legal counsel about this so
> far?

Our current guidelines are based on fairly clear instructions that were
communicated to us from our lawyers. However, I don't have much
confidence in how that communication happened, so it's probably
worthwhile for a legally clueful member of the new board (such as Luis)
to double-check it with the lawyers.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com