Re: trademarks [was Re: Minutes of the Board meeting 2006/Feb/15]

On 2/28/06, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:
> I'm not sure that going over https would make it any more legally
> binding...

If I said "https", then I'd agree with you, but I didn't. I said
"secure", but perhaps that was the wrong word. The semantic I'm
looking for is "there is some way to verify that the submitter is who
she says she is, in a legally binding sense". You know, more than just
an accept button and some text fields that anyone can fill in with any
values they like.

Best,
Dom
--
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.