GUADEC 2007

I recently posted to the gnome-uk-list[1] to ask whether there was any interest in hosting GUADEC 2007 in the UK. There was a fairly decent response, with several people definitely willing, and with the resources, to organise an event. I'm now wondering what the process is for selecting the next GUADEC venue, and what we ought to do to formally suggest the UK as a location for GUADEC 2007. Could anyone shed some light on this?

-Thomas

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-uk-list/2006-January/msg00000.html