Re: How does the board work?

Hi,

Selon Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>:
> Two days ago, I wondered: "what is the daily job of the board?". I was
> not wondering what the board is doing, but how it works: is there a lot
> of mails on the board mailing list? What's the frequency of the
> meetings? (one per month? more?) Are the meetings done by phone, on IRC?
> etc.

The traffic varies. I'd guess (without checking) that there is an average of
about 20 mails per month, mostly between board members - perhaps fewer than 5
emails per month coming from people outside the board asking questions.

Meeting frequency this year has been mostly every 2 weeks, apart from a period
recently which was slightly perturbed by the GNOME summit. Normally, we're
having a board meeting next Wednesday.

Cheers,
Dave.

--