Re: Distribution branding of GNOME
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Ghee Teo <Ghee Teo Sun COM>
- Cc: GNOME Foundation <foundation-list gnome org>, Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
- Subject: Re: Distribution branding of GNOME
- Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:21:30 +0000
On Mer, 2005-03-09 at 16:19, Ghee Teo wrote:
> > This is actually one issue that has come up with requests for the GPL
> > revisions - to have equivalent text for the credits dialog/page as for
> > the standard out console message prohibiting its removal.
> Interesting suggestion. Could GPL revisions eventually evolved in
> such a way
> that it loses the 'Free' as in freedom :)
New revisions shall be in the spirit of the old one according to the
text (plus many countries have so called 'Moral rights') which mean you
can't obliterate credits anyway.
The GPL has always had command line apps covered on the "dont remove the
GPL/credits" it just has to evolve to graphics.
] [Thread Prev