Re: Spec for anonymous voting
- From: Ross Golder <ross golder org>
- To: David Neary <dneary free fr>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org, elections gnome org
- Subject: Re: Spec for anonymous voting
- Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:29:25 +0700
On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 20:38 +0200, David Neary wrote:
> The hash is then encrypted with the election committee private key, to
> prevent just anyone from generating a voting token, but to allow the
> election committee to generate one at will for a user [4,5].
Wouldn't encrypting the hash require that the recipient has d/led and
installed the election committee's public key, and that the user has
some basic knowledge of public key encryption such that they can decrypt
their token (user #3 may have trouble here).
Did you mean that the hash would be 'signed' with the elections
committee private key?
] [Thread Prev