Re: GNOME strongly supports open standards including OpenDocument Format
- From: "Murray Cumming" <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: "Thomas Vander Stichele" <thomas apestaart org>
- Cc: board-list gnome org, board gnome org, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GNOME strongly supports open standards including OpenDocument Format
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:36:26 +0100 (CET)
> I think this is a good idea; however, I'm not sure GNOME developers
> agree with this as a group.
> For example, people still feel that by default GNOME should ship with
> stuff that makes it easy to encode to mp3 or rip CD's for their hardware
> devices that do not support open formats; or that GNOME should play
> Maybe a check with the developer base is needed first ? Putting up such
> a statement as the Foundation and then having a lot of developers
> disagree with it in practice seems a bad situation to be in.
Who's going to be against encouraging open standards? For what possible
reason? That's like being against cute puppies.
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev