Some slides and a paper from L.C.A. 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 01:27, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 01:47:55AM +1300 or thereabouts, Glynn Foster wrote:
> > I've attached a *very* brief writeup of the content of the GNOME related
> > ones, and hopefully some of the people presenting can put their slides
> > online. Watch out for the audio later in the year!
>
> Thanks so much for the write-up, Glynn. Makes sense of things a bit
> more for those of us who didn't go.
>
> Speakers: I want your slides! Pleeeeease.

Here are my feeble contributions:

(1) The paper for the Linux and OSS in Government software:
        http://www.gnome.org/~malcolm/a11y/

(2) The slides for the talk I gave at the government conference and at
gnome.conf.au:
        http://www.gnome.org/~malcolm/a11y-slides/

        (these slides are not really useful for reasons I describe
        below.)

(3) The slides for my introduction to GNOME development tutorial:
        http://www.gnome.org/~malcolm/lca-2004/

        I am finishing up some side notes to go with these for the
        conference CD, but they are not available yet.

I received a lot of feedback from the tutorial that reaffirmed that we
(as a group) need to do a lot more of these tutorials -- both at the
introductory and the detailed level. Of course, I believed this
previously, but the confirmation was nice.

Note that for both items (2) and (3), the slides may not make much sense
without an audio track or having been at the talk. Reading out slides to
the audience is a terrible way to do a presentation, so I tend to use
them as bullet points for a lot of talking on each slide. Fortunately,
the ISO containing the audio tracks for each talk should be available in
a couple of weeks if people are desperate.

Cheers,
Malcolm