Minutes of the Board meeting 2003 Oct 21

     Minutes of the Board meeting 2003 Oct 21


   Daniel Veillard (chair)
   Jonathan Blandford
   Jim Gettys
   James Henstridge
   Jody Goldberg (minutes)
   Jeff Waugh
   Tim Ney
   Glynn Foster
   Miguel de Icaza
   Bill Haneman	(+20)
   Leslie (+20)

   Luis Villa
   Nat Friedman

Completed Actions:

    ACTION: Nat to get the charter amended to reflect the current consensus
	: Nat sent something, but no formal adoption process has be done.
	: Nat to resend before next meeting so we can ratify.
        => We'll restart process after elections


    ACTION: Glynn to check for Thanks: Wilson-Sonsini for working pro-bono
            Red Hat for bandwidth in newsletter and on the foundation site
	: Pending newsletter
	: Will go onto new website too when it is ready
	=> still pending

    ACTION: Tim to look into merchandising options around our logo and
        GUADEC proceedings
	: Can now accept credit cards
	: Process of setting up the web form, and certificate ongoing
	  Ariel Rios is working on it.  Have someone to work on DB, but need
	  some help on the web form.  Posting to request help will happen shortly.
	=> ongoing

    ACTION: Put the confidentiality policy on website
	: Sent and reviewed on list.  We need to put it on the web
	  and add links to it.
	: Jeff will get the links set up.
        : Glynn will fetch it from the archive and report it
	=> Luis to fetch the wording and Jeff to put them on-line

    ACTION : Schedule advisory board meeting
	   => jody to post to list
	   => Daniel to send jody the subscription list so that we can check

   ACTION: Luis will find a speaker for the  Linux Desktop Consortium 
	   at 10th November in Boston University

   ACTION: Luis make sure Nat contacts the OSDL about GNOME involvement

   ACTION: Jeff to check the by-laws to see if there is time to make a 
           community poll before the election

New Actions:
    ACTION : GUADEC announcement
	   => Leslie & Tim to draft announcements

    ACTION : FSG Accessibility Group Press Release
	   => Bill to draft a statement for board support

    ACTION : Status of election plans
	   => Glynn to check on timing and system


    - Select Norway for 2004
	: Well organised and funded
    - Stuttgart
	: Would they be interested in 2005 ?

    - A full board meeting isn't feasible, but there is likely to be at least a
      partial meeting.

FSG Accessibility Group Press Release
    - FSG has requested a supporting quote for their announcement that the
      accessibility group has become a full working group.

    - Status
	: Working on article for linux journal in Brazil
	: Working with GNOME Deutscheland
	: Educating Mass re: open standards and source

    - Trademark and Logo
	: working with lawyers to get them acquainted with GNOME

    - Budget
	: revisions are done
	: will meet with Johnathan to finalise things later this week
	: budget will be ready for next meeting

    - Glynn has been in contact with them
    - Things are ready to go calendar wise

Open Source and Industry Alliance
    - Tim to send summary and information

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]