Minutes from GNOME Board Meeting 2003 07 15

     Minutes of the Board meeting July 15 2003


   Daniel Veillard (chair)
   Jim Gettys
   James Henstridge
   Luis Villa
   Jonathan Blandford
   Jody Goldberg
   Miguel de Icaza

   Tim Ney

   Nat Friedman
   Glynn Foster
   Jeff Waugh
   Bill Haneman


    ACTION: Tim to Investigate liability insurance.
	: DONE.  Sent in status report.

    ACTION: Thanks: Wilson-Sonsini for working pro-bono
            Red Hat for bandwidth
        in newsletter and on the foundation site
	: Pending
    ACTION: Tim to look into merchandising options around our logo and
        GUADEC proceedings
	: Tim is looking into things, but would appreciate more options.
    ACTION: Nat to get the charter amended to reflect the current consensus
	: Nat sent something, but no formal adoption process has be done.
    ACTION: Nat and Jody to draft a short list of projects to propose for
	: Pending
    ACTION: Jonathan to set up the mechanism to publish and consult
        Tim's quickbooks data
	: Pending
    ACTION: Jeff to see how to get a link to Friends of Gnome from the desktop
	: Pending. Jeff to summarise issues.
    ACTION: Jeff to build a mailing list for joint marketing and board issues
    ACTION: Put the confidentiality policy on website
	: Sent and reviewed on list.  We need to put it on the web
	and add links to it from the .sig lines of all board and
	advisory board emails.
	: Pending Nat.
    ACTION: Daniel to request and review by-laws of German GNOME Foundation
	: Pending.

    ACTION: Leslie to send a copy of the old marketing plan
	: pending.

    ACTION: Nat to collect advisory board slides and post them
	: pending

    ACTION: Jeff to condense all of the edits from the thread on GUADEC
    	requirements and resend.
	: pending

    ACTION: Nat to clarify status of OLS hothouse
	: DONE.  Ximian pays for 1 day

New Actions:

    ACTION : Decide what to do w.r.t liability insurance.
	: Tim will look into.

    ACTION : Luis to publicize 1 day pre ols conference.

    ACTION : Luis poll with release team for roadmap.

    ACTION : Daniel to check with Nat and schedule the advisory phone call,

    ACTION : Jim, find status of GPE announment from Leslie & Nils


    OLS : Ximian pays for a room at Le Suites on the 22nd
	: Luis to send out an announcement to gnome and freedesktop

	: Several Advisory board members requested a broad
	  non-normative map of future intent.
	: Need 2 types of information
	    - High level targets (printing, new file selector)
	    - Module level goals for the next year.  Release team
	      can poll for this.

    Advisory Phone Meeting
	: At last meeting we discussed having a phone meeting within 2
	  months.  That date is coming up.

    GPE Announcement
	: In limbo pending feedback from Leslie and Nils
	: Would be nice to coordinate announcement with OLS

    News Letter
	: Consensus that we need to do this on a regular basis, an ad
	  hoc release would be unprofessional.
	: This means that the articles need to be ready well in advance.
	: Poll Glynn for prefered layout mechanism.

    Web Site
	: James modified existing templates to look somewhat like jeff's
	  guadec code and used it for developer
	: Jeff is looking into a consistent approach for website and
	  docbook help files.  Status unknown.

    Presence at Shows
	: Select events we will attend directly
	: Select events gnome would like to attend and send out a call
	  to organize a local presence and arrange for marketing
	: Continue discussions on Linux Work participation

	: How to request a press release ?
	    - Send text to board and leslie for review

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]