Re: Desktop Linux Consortium

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:17:45AM -0800, Leslie Proctor wrote:
> We didn't take part in the announcement because we're
> still in the process of getting more information on
> the consortium.  The board has been talking with them.
>
> --- Steve Fox <drfickle k-lug org> wrote:
> > http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-983204.html
> >
> > >From this article, it looks like GNOME was
> > overlooked. Anyone looking
> > into this?

  I have been handling this issue in the last couple of days.
The board learnt about this only last week, we made an agenda item
and I got the ACTION to look at this:
 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2003-January/msg00001.html

  We hadn't had enough information nor time to judge wether we could
join this by today. This doesn't preclude us from joining and helping
this project once we get more informations and we are confident with
the ways this Consortium is expected to work.
  One thing is sure, we would not have joined without the Board announcing
to the foundation members that we intended to do so, allowing for feedback,
and clearly we didn't had the time for this round-trip before today's
announcement.

Daniel