Re: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting March 25 2003

    Sorry, the original version is not under a free license.  What's the
    timeline on your Guide?

The crucial question is about the translated version; will that be
free documentation?  If, through the GNOME Foundation's influence, the
translation will be free although the original is not, then the GNOME
Foundation is bringing about a big step forward.

However, none of us should participate in making or recommending the
translation if it won't be free.  In order to exert leverage for free
documentation, we have to send a clear message: that freeing the
documentation is the only way to gain our participation or our
endorsement for it.