Re: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting September 10 2002

Wow, I hope that this works out, one way or another. If everything else
fails, we can have a fundraiser - I'd gladly contribute $50 if I knew
that all my problems with printing Cyrillic are solved "out of the box".
Of course, having Sun, Red Hat, Mandrake, and UnitedLinux contribute
would be more viable.

BTW: are you aware of STIX project? This is a project of several
scientific societies (Amer. Math. Soc., IEEE, Amer. Phys. Soc., Amer.
Chem. Soc., Elsevier publishers) to create "comprehensive set of fonts
that serve the scientific and engineering community in the process from
manuscript creation through final publication, both in electronic and
print formats. Toward this purpose, the STIX fonts will be made
available, under royalty-free license, to anyone, including publishers,
software developers, scientists, students, and the general public" (from
http://www.stixfonts.org/). Maybe we can have somehow coordinate with
them. (I have contacts in Amer. Math.Soc. if you need it).

Sasha