Re: Issues cooperation
- From: Andreas J Guelzow <aguelzow taliesin ca>
- To: rms gnu org
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Issues cooperation
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 06:49:47 -0700
Richard Stallman wrote:
There are several specific points where better cooperation between
GNOME and the overall GNU Project is important.
* Mentioning the connection with GNU prominently in GNOME publicity.
(More awareness of the GNU Project helps us recruit and influence
people, which is a major part of how we get things done.)
* Giving the GNU Project credit for developing the popular variant of
the GNU system, GNU/Linux. (This will help us recruit support among
the tens of millions who use and appreciate our system, but think it
was done by someone else.)
* Whether to recommend non-free software. To do so publicly rejects
the fundamental important principle of the GNU Project.
* Technical standards. Coherence is vital for making an operating
system easy to learn, use, and maintain, so we have had GNU Coding
Standards since the 1980s. GNOME has a history of going contrary to
GNU standards--without even discussing the issue first.
Aren't you missing some items? THis list seems to indicate what is
expected from the GNome Project with respect to iits relationshsip with
GNU. What do you see as things the GNU Project should do in relationship
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
] [Thread Prev