Re: 11 Questions to answer

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 21:22, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> So, one point of this mail, Leslie is a good example of someone who
> isn't a famous programmer but has been contributing to GNOME behind
> the scenes and has a lot to offer the board. She's led the GNOME
> marketing project for some time, and also handles press for the Free
> Standards Group (creators of the LSB). She's independent of any of the
> companies involved with GNOME, too.

I'd like to second what Havoc said. A central part of the board's role
is helping GNOME interact well with the world beyond GNOME. It is
important to have people on the board who are trying to understand how
GNOME fits into the world beyond our hacking cloisters.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead