Re: Time to sweat the details (was Re: Minutes of the GNOME Board....)

> 	web browsers (Netscape/Mozilla) and base desktop environments.
> 	o Even inside of Gnome, I could not get nautilus to share
> 	the fonts I got the rest of Gnome to use!
> 	o There was something else major I know I'm forgetting, but
> 	you get the gist!  The list is longer, by alot.

	o Not gratuitiously reversing the dialog Yes/No order in Gnome
	  but making it match both English language and the other
	  environments - which is actually a trivial example of the need
	  for commonality of user interface properties

> state (example: as shipped, the XftConfig file I found on one system was
> so broken as to make KDE's font's and appearance truly horrid after
> installing Microsoft True Type fonts on one system).

That may well be due to Apple patent questions. The true type renderer no
longer handles some of the hinting, some fonts basically rely on that.