Re: GNOME Foundation Elections - Preliminary results

Le 02 Dec 2002 21:16:07 -0800, Miles Lane a ecrit :

> Dang it.  That bit about the validation token was easy to miss.
> I guess my vote was invalidated and that sorta sucks.  I don't
> think my vote would have changed any outcomes, but I still think
> that ballots submitted without a token should have resulted in
> an immediate query to the sender. I would have corrected that
> bit and resubmitted my ballot.

We're sorry about this. I thought the instructions were pretty clear
about that, but maybe it was not the case.

The problem with sending an 'immediate query' to voters who forgot the
validation token is that it would have happened too late : the committee
is not subscribed to the vote mailing-list and does not receive the
ballots. For this reason, we verify that the ballots are valid only
after the end of the votes (and thus, you would have not been able to
vote again).

There's an exception for that, when the reminder ballot is sent to
people who did not vote yet: to send the reminder ballot, the scripts
that counts the votes is used and people who have submitted an invalid
ballot are considered as if they did not vote. So they receive a second
ballot.

The committee will be pleased to hear any suggestion that may improve
this process for the next elections.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.