Re: Mailing list cleanup proposal

<quote who="Mark McLoughlin">

> I think it makes perfect sense to have the release-team list private, but
> there should be a lot more people subscribed.  The release team may be the
> ones co-ordinating releases, but there are lot more people involved in
> physically getting the release out.

We specifically reduced the subscriber count on the release team list for
2.1.x, it's now just the eight people in the release team. More often than
not, it's not very interesting stuff. Regrets for meetings, Cc'ed mail to
maintainers asking for packages, proto-minutes before they're published in
public, the install-module mails (which *are* useful, and will be turned
into a separate list), etc.

Somewhat like the "don't add a preference, fix the behaviour" argument, what
communication issues do we need to fix? :-)

- Jeff

--
  We're kind of like Canada, only we hate ourselves more, and it's wetter
                             around the edges.