Re: gnome.org Account Policies

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 04:56:42PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > It doesn't really scale for them though - they have extremely long
> > delays to become a maintainer. I don't know though what part of the
> > maintainer process causes that.
>
> A UK shared access box a long time ago (when it was a big deal) had a simple
> policy. You needed two people to propose someone got an account. If they
> then screwed up they lost their account, as did you

Hum, I have already "sponsored" 3 person so that they get CVS access to hack
on libxml/libxslt who are not involved otherwise in the Gnome project,
and I doubt I would have found a 2nd person in that case :-)
 Maybe this just mean that libxml/libxslt is not too tied with the rest
of the Gnome project, I don't know maybe that's a good way to make sure
new projects are really part of it.

Daniel