Re: RMS candidacy (was: Re: 10 Questions for All Candidates)

Andy Tai wrote:

I don't think the concern over RMS makes sense.  The
fact that RMS is willing to run for the board is
itself a respect for the democratic process of the
GNOME Foundation. He is not getting treated
differently than anyone else, through his place in the
history of free software and the GNU Project is
unparalleled. He will not have more power than anyone
else on the board over GNOME-related matters, if the
GNOME Foundation works as designed.
I guess you haven't had the pleasure of working with RMS. I guarantee you that he will have ZERO interest in dealing with the issue that we need to address to make GNOME successful (btw, he hasn't bothered to answer the questions that Daniel Veillard asked him on this list several weeks ago) and will focus 100% of his energy on irrelevant side-battles ("open source" is evil etc...). And he is really loud and belligerant and doesn't respect process. Again, if you want to express your support for RMS, his values and what he stands for, may I suggest you make a contribution to the FSF instead?

Bart

--- George <jirka 5z com> wrote:
I think there is not, and there shouldn't

be, any real power that the
board has over ordinary GNOME people.  It's role is
purely diplomatic
and administrative.  At least that's what I think of
the board as, but not
having been on the board, I don't know.

George