Re: Candidacy - Alan Cox
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: linas linas org (Linas Vepstas)
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Candidacy - Alan Cox
- Date: 06 Nov 2001 10:41:37 -0500
linas linas org (Linas Vepstas) writes:
> More importantly: can anything be done, or is it too late?
I don't think it's actually that hard, and to be really snappy on good
hardware you have to be usable on bad hardware. It would help a lot to
have decent profiling tools. We also need to avoid pointless bloat
(bloat caused by e.g. wrapping an API in 10 convenience layers, or
initializing a big library just to call one function, or whatever).
] [Thread Prev