Re: Questions

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

> > By which laws where? And are cars derivates of gasoline? And is gcc a
>
> Oh jesus. Sander go look up "derivative work" in any text book on copyright
> and licensing

Specificly:

---

A "derivative work" is a work based upon one or more preexisting works,
such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization,
fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art
reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which a work
may be recast, transformed, or adapted. A work consisting of editorial
revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications, which, as
a whole, represent an original work of authorship, is a "derivative work".

----

So, which of these covers merely ulizing another program?

> Alan

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding