Re: Questions

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

> > If the component is talked to via CORBA (a strictly out of process
> > component) then its use is clearly not covered by any source licence, and
> > its not clear whetever and what kind of limitations as to in what kind of
> > programs make use of it can be imposed by any licence.
>
> Bzzt
> Its a matter of derivate work status not simply how its combined.

I don't tend to derive anything from the component - just use (or possibly
utilize is a better word?) a pre-existing binary 8-)

If I have to derive something from the component for it to be usefull its
a pretty useless component...

> Alan

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding