Re: Questions

>    - should the GNOME project requires that Bonobo components be released
>      under the LGPL to be part of the platform (I tend to think so)

Base ones should probably be LGPL or MPL IMHO (or X licensed) so that an app
can always get some functionality

>    - how do we deal with licence compatibility between the applications
>      and the Bonobo components.

Add license tags.

> that component for use in this application a Licence infrigement ? If yes
> how would the user know ? And how should this issue be handled in practice
> without making this a nightmare for the users ?

When a user tries to embed a component embed one that is ok on the license
tag rules. So a GPL app would get the GPL supercool one (if that existed)
and the rest of the apps get the first compatible fallback

Alan