Re: What is GNOME office?

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 07:23:39AM -0500, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > And a non pure GPL code which requires you give sun right to misuse
> > your contributions is not going to get contribution from many hackers.
>
> ... I have assigned copyright before when I do small
> ammounts of work on a project that someone else has invested a massive
> amount of time in, and I look forward to doing so again when I work on OO.

Right or wrong, I think that many more hackers share Alan's feelings
on this issue than Michael's.

It is going to take a huge amount of work to create a non-sucking set
of office apps for GNOME... I'm afraid it is going to require a lot
more manpower than we have available to us right now.  Anything that
deters developers from getting involved is therefore bad, rational or
not.

-JT

--
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.