Re: What is GNOME office?

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 01:33:45AM +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
> Have you followed what we've been doing lately? We use gtk+ of course, as
> well as libXML2.0 (as an option), gnomelibs, gnome-print and Gal. I hope
> we can get bonobo soon. Dom tells me it won't be too hard and I certainly
> want to help out.

  Sounds really good. Assuming that API wise ABI get bonoboized, the next
step is to try to reach compatibility at the serialization level.
  Did you had a look at the suggested OpenOffice XML/Zip bazed format ?

     http://xml.openoffice.org/

I would be really interested on feedback on this especially the generic
package proposal.
Also did you tried to compare your XML format and OpenOffice one, are the
structure fundamentally different or do using XSLT to transform from one
format to the other seems doable ?

Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard w3 org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | libxml Gnome XML toolkit
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | http://xmlsoft.org/