some issues about membership

Some folks have told me they don't feel comfortable joining the
Foundation without a clearer understanding of it's purpose and what it
would mean to do so, substantively.

This is difficult to do since we don't even have bylaws, but perhaps
we should take a shot.

I am increasingly convinced that we might end up doing a slipshod job
by rushing the formation and the election. I really feel like the
process should go:

1) Create charter and bylaws

2) Have people join as members, clearly explaining what this means

3) Elect initial board

To me it seems like we are already making firm plans to do step 3
before we have even gotten a good start on step 1!

 - Maciej