Re: Questions To Answer

Bart Decrem <bart@eazel.com> writes:

> Jim, Alan,
>
> Thank you so much for explaining the importance of the standard-setting function of
> the Gnome foundation in a way that's totally understandable by a non-hacker.  And
> Maciej, thanks for being the trouble-maker that drew this out of them :)

Just to make clear, I didn't intend to question the importance of
standards; my intent was merely to suggest that the GNOME Foundation
should not necessarily be modelled on a standards-setting body, since
it has many other important functions (some of which I think are more
important than standards, like writing code :-)

 - Maciej