Re: Fwd: Draft of Proposal for the GNOME Foundation.

Phil Schwan <phil@off.net> writes:

> > But remember, this is all (at least, in my proposal) part of a virtual
> > global entity.  I don't see why it would be subject to any of these
> > laws.
>
> I suppose as long as you aren't seeking tax-exempt or any other
> special status, that would be fine.  Maybe.
>
> Your proposal mixes a couple of different proposals, as I see it.
> Perhaps the prior discussions about having separate money-handling and
> technical organizing bodies should be revisited.

Yeah, I think that you're right.  The fund receipt/allocation portion
of the foundation can easily be split off from the rest.  You do
happen to need legal entities present for that, and if we avoid
conflating these roles into one entity, that will probably reduce the
confusion significantly.

So, let my proposal stand with all the funding discussion removed.

Nat