Re: steering committee vs foundation
- From: Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: bart eazel com, foundation-list gnome org,Bud Tribble <bud eazel com>, Mike Boich <mike eazel com>,brian collab net, rob collab net
- Subject: Re: steering committee vs foundation
- Date: 11 Jul 2000 21:38:52 +0200
Havoc Pennington <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Your proposal sounds good to me, assuming it works for all the
> companies that want to be involved. It also means the foundation is
> very simple, which makes writing the bylaws easy and saves us a bunch
> of discussion.
> So our concrete tasks are to go ahead and try to create the initial
> GNOME membership list, and create an official steering committee to
> replace the interim one; select the board for the foundation; and do
> the paperwork for the foundation.
> Any objections to Bart's proposal, or should we start doing this?
Sounds fine for me.
] [Thread Prev