Re: gnome foundation: some key issues to discuss.
- From: Joe Shaw <joe helixcode com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Russell Steinthal <rms39 columbia edu>, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gnome foundation: some key issues to discuss.
- Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 14:20:01 -0400 (EDT)
> Exactly how to achieve that I don't know; maybe have a broad
> membership, but most decisions are effectively left to the board;
Ew. If the board makes most of the decisions, then it will effectively
have to be a board that represents the people. I like representative
democracy as much as the next American, but I don't think that scope is
> or maybe have a smaller membership, including only major contributors to
> the most significant packages.
I think that this would annoy most of the GNOME contributors.
> I'm not sure. Anyway, certainly we need a more formal membership
> mechanism than gnome-hackers has ("ask Miguel").
] [Thread Prev