Re: Apache dual licensing?

On 30 Aug 2000, Raja R Harinath wrote:
> Raja R Harinath <harinath@cs.umn.edu> writes:
> > Brian Behlendorf <brian@collab.net> writes:
> > > As Frank noted, the APL license *should* be compatible with the GPL
> > > (depending on whether you think the demand that you not call the
> > > derivatives "Apache" without permission an additional constraint
> > > over and above what the GPL would allow),
> >
> > The GPL has a similar requirement.
>
> To clarify, I read the above requirement to be a special case of
> clause (2.a) of the GPL.

Uh, it's vaguely along the same lines ("You must cause the modified files
to carry prominent notices stating that you changed the files and the date
of any change.") but I would definitely not debate with Richard that the
APL's requirement is anywhere near a subset of 2a, which is what's
required.

	Brian