Re: FAQ

Ali Abdin <aliabdin@aucegypt.edu> writes:

> > <!DOCTYPE Article PUBLIC "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.1//EN"[
> > ]>
>
> WRONG! if it is 'PUBLIC' you need to have a URI, but since you don't, you
> should switch 'PUBLIC' to 'SYSTEM' I believe.

Dude, this is pointing to the public DTD defined in Havoc & Dan's
CATALOG file - thus PUBLIC. They are perfectly correct in using PUBLIC
here. If the DTD was in the directory in which the document was being
created they could us SYSTEM but it would screw up everyone else
trying to build the doc.

If you need the GNOME PNG DTD for DB 3.x let me know and you will be
able to build this doc on your machine.

> You also do not need to include the empty [] stuff.

This is only a nice thing to do in case someone needs to add entities
to the document at a later date. Its just a good practice to get into
- it will not change the document in any way using them or not using
them...

Now, onto the content review, which is what they wanted - I think it
looks good! Thanks guys.

Dave
--

David Mason