Re: latest draft of charter

> You raise the concern about the burden this imposes on people of disclosing
> their affiliation.  As a practical matter, I don't think it's a problem.
> You know who works at Helix Code, I know who works at Eazel.  If we're
> submitting board slates or referendum initiatives, let's make sure that not
> more than half of our signers work at our company.  On the other end (on the
> board of the foundation), people can similarly take a quick look at the
> signatures and make sure they're not all from the same company.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I just feel uneasy about looking over the
nominations of a board and then calling people on it, or requiring them to
give information about how much stock they hold in these privately-held
GNOME companies (due to the definition of affiliation in the draft).

> Yes, I think so.  We want to have the company incorporated and bylaws adopted
> before the first elections, so we'll need an interim board.  I think it
> probably makes the most sense to have that board appointed by the steering
> committee, although I don't have terribly strong feelings about that.

Me neither. They seem best suited for it anyway.

Joe