Re: advisory board & announcement update

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

> I have an unfortunately possibly not entirely theoretical question:
>
> What does the foundation intend to do if one of its members is shown to be
> distributing static linked software against LGPL libraries and not including
> source or an offer to provide object modules suitable for relinking ?

Hmm, interesting question. "Interesting" because it involves two different
scenarios:

a) First of all, someone may violate the GNU GPL or any other license under
   whichsome part of GNOME is being distributed. The answer of this question
   is (at least theoretically) simple: that's a task for a lawyer.

b) However, what happens when really a member of the foundation does a) -
   I think this should imply everything which a) implies (a legal problem),
   but I think the main question we need to ask is:

"When some member of the foundation violates or acts against the principles
 of the foundation, do we want to kick this member out of the foundation,
 cancel his voting rights or whatever?"

--
Martin Baulig
martin@gnome.org (private)