Re: Money is a Time Bomb for GNOME

I disagree, actually, I think that having the cash around is good for two

2...PR agencies.

Having an available, tight, good, pr agency to handle gnome releases would
be a terrific thing for gnome, and let me tell you, they caost cash money

The lawyer question is key too, in the event that there has to be a court
action to protect the gnome code base, how does one pay a lawyer the 300$
(600$ while in court) to defend?

Basically, while I don't really have an opinion about the existance of a
full time director of whatever, the money thing give gnome a real chance
to be exposed to audiences that won't give software a second glance if it
isn't in newsweek, time and us news every time it revs.

Linux Community Evangelist, VA Linux Systems
President, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group
Grant Chair, Linux International.
Co-editor, Open Sources