Re: Money is a Time Bomb for GNOME

I disagree, actually, I think that having the cash around is good for two
reasons:

1...lawyers.
2...PR agencies.

Having an available, tight, good, pr agency to handle gnome releases would
be a terrific thing for gnome, and let me tell you, they caost cash money
marvelous.

The lawyer question is key too, in the event that there has to be a court
action to protect the gnome code base, how does one pay a lawyer the 300$
(600$ while in court) to defend?

Basically, while I don't really have an opinion about the existance of a
full time director of whatever, the money thing give gnome a real chance
to be exposed to audiences that won't give software a second glance if it
isn't in newsweek, time and us news every time it revs.

 Chris

--
Linux Community Evangelist, VA Linux Systems            http://www.valinux.com
President, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group               http://www.svlug.org