Re: Membership dues [ was: Re: Advisory Board Letter ]

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> writes:

> Yes. Getting a $20k expense approvedtakes siginificant effort for a
> fairly large company. Large corporations are high-intertia beasts and
> if they can get over that enough to pay some money, that demonstrates
> a lot more caring than just saying "we want to join".

Well according to my experience at the one large, nameless, company I
worked at - 20K was no big deal and we joined each and every group
that we felt would help us - even if it was a remote chance that we
would need to utilize the membership in some PR/marketing fashion. I
cannot help but think that this is not just true for my one big
company experience.

> This sounds fairly reasonable but I like the current $10k compromise
> proposal better.

I'm glad we are closer to agreement :) I still don't see what 10K from
the number of companies we already have lined up will get us except
large coffers we would be hard pressed to spend.

> Since we plan to have the ability to waive the fee, (b) is already in
> effect.

True enough! :)

Dave

--