Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 Dec 14

[Oops I forgot again to send the minutes last month !]

     Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 Dec 14

Attendance:
===========

   Owen Taylor (chairing)
   Daniel Veillard
   Dave Neary
   Luis Villa
   Murray Cumming
   Jonathan Blandford
   Christian Schaller

Regrets:
========

   Miguel de Icaza
   Tim Ney

Missing:
========

   Jody Goldberg
   Federico Mena-Quintero

Actions completed:
==================

  ACTION: Dave to drive Quim Gil to get a CVS account to edit GUADEC web pages
     - done

Actions:
========

  ACTION: Dave to start looking for vendors to host the GNOME online
shop
     - stuck until January

  ACTION: Federico will check with the board checking interest in
          representing GNOME on LSB Desktop group
     - still open, Federico steals the ACTION from Owen

  ACTION: Owen to make up hiring plans and prepare the associated informations
     - ongoing, not much progress on the agenda

Agenda:
=======

 * Waiving administrative fee for LDG conference funds
   Instead the foundation give back the value of the fee to sponsor LDG

 * Status of Shaun's work
   It looks to not make progress, we may revisit how this is being done

 * GUADEC Status
   Dave give a summary on how Quim Gil restarted the organization on the
   new location.

 * Foundation new hire
   Owen made some research, advertizing jobs before the hollidays does
   not make much sense, the execution should probably be delayed till
   January.

 * next meeting with the new board first half of January

Daniel